Evaluate the specific requirements of the project regarding the structure’s framework including appropriate materials to use, cost-effectiveness, satisfactory timelines, environmental and safety.
The design process uses the Contract Review documents, project plans/specifications and the referenced building code as the basis. Complete buildings are designed using MBS (Metal Building Software), R & M Steel data spreadsheets and published reference material.
Jobs with less than the minimum requirements of the stipulated Code or Standard or orders with missing or incomplete information are not accepted for design.
All questions and clarifications are resolved through oral and/or written communications with the Customer.
A Letter of Certification is signed and sealed by a licensed Professional Engineer (Design Engineer).
The In-House Engineer in Responsible Charge has full authority for the control of engineering performed as related to technical decision-making.
- Compute load and grade requirements using Metal Building Software
- Planning and designing of metal building structures
- Evaluation of In-Coming Contract Documents
- Design Calculations and Drawings
- Designing the building
The Design Manager, using MBS, R & M Steel data spreadsheets and published reference material:
- reviews building for design considerations
- initiates design using specified building code and modeling software
- confirms inputs of model (change as required)
- confirms analysis of model (change as required)
- confirms design of model (change as required)
- assembles output of model (change as required)
- gives instructions to Detailer (co-ordinate as required)
- assembles (or arranges assembly) of Design calculation package
- repeats process for Change Order revisions
- Customer-Supplied Shop Drawings
R & M Steel does not manufacture a building based on Customer-supplied drawings alone.
- A new complete set of drawings is created by the Design Manager based on information from the Customer’s drawings.
- Drawing Approval is required by the Customer before being fabricated.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related work experience
- Experience with Metal Building Software (MBS)
- Working knowledge of engineering and design standards
- Experience with CAD programs
- Previous experience in the structural steel industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem-solving skills
- Reacts positively to changes
- Capable of researching solutions when situations arise
- Top Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Retirement Plan
- Drug Free Work Place
- Apply in person with resume and salary history:
R & M Steel Co.
20595 Farmway Rd.
Caldwell, Idaho 83607
No Mail to above address
- Apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button above